- This event has passed.
VIRTUAL PD on Service-Learning
October 22 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Darlene Short, our INSPIRE3 Southern IN Field Rep, will present a free, 1 hour VIRTUAL PD on Service-Learning on Thurs. Oct. 22, 2020 from 4:00 -5:00 pm EST (3:00 – 4:00 pm CST) for interested Indiana educators and administrators. I’ve included more details of what will be covered during this 1 hour virtual session below.
The registration form can be found on this link: INSPIRE3 Virtual Service Learning PD
Darlene will set up a Zoom link and email it to all who sign up.
Details about the free PD:
- Build a culture of real world learning through service at your school to EDUCATE, ENGAGE, and EMPOWER students.
- Explore free online K-12 lessons and resources on the Learning to Give website.
- Explore available service and service-learning resources on the generationOn website
- Explore the resources located on our INSPIRE3 page
- Connect academics with philanthropy for K – 12 students.
- Connect Service-Learning with K-12 Employability Skills and Graduation Pathways – Box 2
- Hear stories of service-learning and philanthropy education
- Darlene will also walk participants through the IPARDE (service-learning) process using a lesson plan, including the presentations and documents that her 6th grade team used with their students at Castle North M.S. in Warrick County last spring that culminated in students planning and implementing 118 projects that made a difference in southern Indiana. A brief video showcasing the projects can be found HERE.
- Participants will leave the session with user-friendly lessons and tools that help young people recognize the importance of their efforts and a unit they can start the next day.