Teenagers are the most wonderfully aggravating creatures on the planet and a cursory review of the literature helps explain why.
- Teaching teens about their brain and brain development is a powerful tool in ensuring their future success.
- Bullet 2
- The amygdala is fully developed at birth but the pre-fontal cortex is not developed fully until the mid-20’s. This helps explain why teens struggle to see the big picture and make rational decisions.
- Handy definition
- Kids Health has some great resources for teens and parents
- Jill Bolt Taylor’s Ted Talk is here
- ‘Why Do They Act That Way?’ by David Walsh
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- 1StopABCD on May 31, 2019 @ 17:59:40
- 1StopABCD on May 31, 2019 @ 15:24:18
- Kelly on May 28, 2019 @ 15:38:06
- Mary on April 30, 2018 @ 16:50:29
- Heather on August 18, 2016 @ 21:36:30
- Heather on August 5, 2016 @ 02:57:01
- Heather on August 5, 2016 @ 02:57:00
This post was created by ABCD ContentManager on August 5, 2016.