Enuresis and encopresis (loss of bladder or bowel) control is a complicated and sensitive issue. These problems can stem from stress, sexual abuse, anxiety or constipation. As always, it is important to get as much history as possible before determining a course of action.
- Be sure to keep interventions positive and supportive-never punitive as this can compound the problem.
- It is helpful to keep a log of when incidents are happening. If a pattern emerges, this may help determine the source of the problem or a ready solution.
- BM issues reponses Counselortalk Feb. 2018
- This can also be developmental-children develop muscle control at very different ages.
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Heather on February 22, 2018.
- February 22, 2018 @ 21:40:53
- August 5, 2016 @ 21:50:56
- August 5, 2016 @ 21:49:31
- August 5, 2016 @ 21:49:23 [Autosave]
- August 5, 2016 @ 21:46:39
This post was created by ABCD ContentManager on August 5, 2016.