There are many character education programs out there. If your favorite isn’t mentioned below, send us a comment!
- Bullet 1
- Bullet 2
- Regarding the Second Step curriculum: Second Step Curriculum Discussion from Counselortalk, March 2018
- One thing that I found helpful and the students really enjoyed it was creating we called it a “character chain.” We did it through our whole school so all students could participate. I would leave strips of colorful paper out in places like the cafeteria, library, offices etc along with something to write with. Students would then write things on the chain that they witnessed or something someone did that was kind, treating others with respect etc. They would then turn it into me and we would announce the kind act during morning announcements and then I would start stapling them together. Our goal was to have the chain wrap around the entire school. Here students would take on their own responsibility to do kind things and then seeing the chain grow sparked motivation. The students loved it!
Character Playbook demo video: (grades 7-9) An innovative digital course that uses evidence-based strategies to educate students on how to cultivate and maintain healthy relationships during their critical middle school years, covering key concepts around positive character development, social-emotional learning (SEL), and building healthy relationships. Total time 3-4 hours
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- 1StopABCD on November 29, 2018 @ 20:34:39
- Mary on May 1, 2018 @ 19:33:48
- Mary on March 15, 2018 @ 20:28:44
- Mary on March 14, 2018 @ 20:40:54
- Mary on March 14, 2018 @ 20:27:48
- Mary on March 14, 2018 @ 20:27:18
- Mary on March 14, 2018 @ 20:26:21
- Kelly on June 9, 2017 @ 16:51:58
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 17:43:19
This post was created by ABCD ContentManager on August 7, 2016.