Classroom lessons are a great Tier 1 intervention to disseminate important information to all students. This is one of the primary delivery systems for teaching school counseling competencies.
- Make sure your lessons are comprehensive enough to cover all the school counseling competencies (see below).
- Classroom management is a critical skills when teaching lessons.
- Take a cue from the classroom teacher-often they have unique ways to get everyone’s attention and they may even have a classroom behavior plan that you can use to reward students for active listening.
- I start all my lessons with chair yoga. It calms and prepares them for the lesson while teaching an important skill.
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Heather on February 16, 2017.
- February 16, 2017 @ 20:39:14
- August 7, 2016 @ 18:09:54
This post was created by ABCD ContentManager on August 7, 2016.