Classroom lessons are a great Tier 1 intervention to disseminate important information to all students. This is one of the primary delivery systems for teaching school counseling competencies.
- Make sure your lessons are comprehensive enough to cover all the school counseling competencies (see below).
- Classroom management is a critical skills when teaching lessons.
- Take a cue from the classroom teacher-often they have unique ways to get everyone’s attention and they may even have a classroom behavior plan that you can use to reward students for active listening.
- I start all my lessons with chair yoga. It calms and prepares them for the lesson while teaching an important skill.
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- 1StopABCD on February 16, 2017 @ 20:39:14
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 18:09:54
This post was created by ABCD ContentManager on August 7, 2016.