The purpose of End of Course Assessments (ECAs) is to measure student achievement in the subject areas of English/Language Arts and Mathematics. The End of Course Assessments (ECAs) are criterion-referenced assessments developed specifically for students completing their instruction in Algebra I or English 10.
- The IDOE webpage on ECA’s provides guidance in the areas of: Memos and Important Information, Blueprints, Instructional and Assessment Guidance, Item Samples, Released Items and Scoring Notes and Additional Resources.
- Passing the English 10 and Algebra I End of Course Assessments (graduating class of 2018) is one way to meet the assessment requirement for high school graduation.
- The earliest a student could graduate without having passed the graduation exam would be after the first semester of senior year. To qualify for a waiver, the student has to take the test not passed at least once each school year, including the senior year.
- Currently the waiver options for the ISTEP are the same as those for the ECAs. This may change when the graduation pathways are approved, which technically will begin with the class of 2022 (from Amanda Culhan, IDOE, via Counselor Talk, Oct. 2017)
- ECA Important Dates 2017-2018
- ECA Waiver Sample template
- ECA Summer (August 2017) Rescore: The ECA Summer rescore window will be open from October 16-27. If the student’s performance level increases due to rescoring, an updated student report will be available online and will be sent to your student’s school on November 10, 2017. IDOE+Winter+Pretest+Workshop_Revised+Schedule.pdf
- Grade 8 Students and Math ECA – IDOE Memo, September 2017
- ISTEP+: English 10 Graduation Exam Blueprint
- ISTEP+: Algebra I Graduation Exam Blueprint
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on June 18, 2018 @ 13:42:55
- Mary on June 5, 2018 @ 17:27:09
- Kelly on May 30, 2018 @ 18:35:19
- Kelly on January 26, 2018 @ 20:58:11
- Kelly on October 26, 2017 @ 17:33:29
- Kelly on October 18, 2017 @ 23:50:32
- Kelly on October 2, 2017 @ 18:19:22
- Kelly on October 2, 2017 @ 18:18:52
- Kelly on September 11, 2017 @ 17:32:14
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 19:47:31
This post was created by EFGH ContentManager on August 7, 2016.