This page is currently under construction. If you have related content or resources to add, you may submit it via the “Contact Topic Manager” box below.
There are many laws and rules of interest for Indiana school counselors, ranging from those that apply to testing, enrollment and attendance reporting, child abuse and neglect reporting, the duty to warn, those that apply to annual case conferences, and many more. It is important to know the laws and rules that apply to your work as a school counselor and to know that these laws and rules vary by state.
- The laws and rules that apply to school counselors go far beyond those for reporting child abuse and neglect and the duty to warn.
- Many of the laws and rules that apply to school counselors are related to state testing and other academic issues.
- Most school districts employ private counsel that can help you if you have a question as to whether a law or rule applies to you.
- The Indiana Department of Education keeps a list of the various laws and rules that may be of interest to school counselors (see “Laws & Rules of Interest to Indiana School Counselors” in the Resource section below).
- These also include the standards and competencies for Indiana School Counselors (see “Indiana School Counselor Standards & Competencies” in the Resource section below).
- These also include the laws that apply to school counseling licenses (see the link to the Indiana Administrative Code in the Resource section below).
- What I have learned
- What I have learned
- Laws & Rules of Interest to Indiana School Counselors: https://www.doe.in.gov/sites/default/files/student-assistance/laws-rules-interest-school-counselors-2016-08-25.pdf
- To search for a particular law or rule, please see the Indiana Register maintained by the Indiana General Assembly: http://www.in.gov/legislative/register/index-28.html
- An Analysis of Indiana School Counseling Laws, Rules & Policies by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce Foundation: https://www.indianachamber.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Analysis_of_IN_SC_Laws_Rules_Policies.pdf
- ASCA State School Counseling Mandates and Legislation: https://www.schoolcounselor.org/school-counselors-members/careers-roles/state-school-counseling-mandates-and-legislation
- A Guide to State Laws and Regulations on Professional School Counseling: https://www.counseling.org/PublicPolicy/SchoolCounselingRegs2012.pdf
- Indiana School Counselor Standards & Competencies: http://www.indianaschoolcounselor.org/standards
- Indiana Administrative Code: Initial Practitioner and Other Licenses
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on May 30, 2018 @ 18:32:41
- Mary on May 18, 2018 @ 17:20:48
- Mary on May 18, 2018 @ 17:17:42
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 19:53:17
This post was created by EFGH ContentManager on August 7, 2016.