This page is currently under construction. If you have related content or resources to add, you may submit it via the “Contact Topic Manager” box below.
Extracurricular activities refer to those activities that a student chooses to engage in, outside of required curriculum or coursework in school. Extracurricular activities may include sports, volunteering, participation in school clubs or other organizations, participation in clubs or other community organizations unaffiliated with the student’s attending school, such as non-profits, youth and faith organizations. Extracurricular involvement by students is coveted by colleges, universities and other post-secondary institutions, as students who participate in activities outside of school are considered to be more well-rounded, with the ability to balance school work and other responsibilities. Extracurricular activities are a great way for students to explore activities related to careers of interest and a great way to add activities to their resumes.
Students who are involved in extracurricular activities learn how to prioritize their time, meet friends and get to enjoy activities they like. These things help students to stand out on their postsecondary and employment applications.
- Participating in extracurricular activities is seen as a way to prepare for college/postsecondary education and employment.
- Students should choose activities that they will enjoy, thinking about their interests and skills, and causes important to them.
- Extracurricular activities are also a great way to explore careers and activities related to careers.
- Students should talk with teachers, parents, mentors, and other important adults if they are unsure of how to get involved in extra curricular activities or which activities they should consider.
- Many colleges and universities offer extracurricular activities for students.
- Summer is a great time for students to get involved in extracurricular activities, especially if they are worried about balancing coursework with outside activities.
- What I have learned
- What I have learned
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Mary on June 5, 2018 @ 20:21:27
- Kelly on May 30, 2018 @ 18:31:39
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 19:55:35
This post was created by EFGH ContentManager on August 7, 2016.