See Memo (May 2019) from the Indiana Department of Education regarding the status of Gold Star.
Schools that have obtained the Indiana Gold Star status have demonstrated that they have a comprehensive and accountable school counseling and guidance program, aligned to Indiana School Counselor and Student Standards, as well as national (ASCA) standards. Created in 2004, the Gold Star designation has been awarded to nearly 300 Indiana elementary, middle and high schools. To receive the award, schools undergo a rigorous process to raise student achievement and improve overall student success by creating local school-community advisory groups that review student data, set specific student goals, and commit to maximizing the time and skills of the school counselor.
- The American Student Achievement Institute (ASAI) implements the training and review of the ‘Redesigning School Counseling’ (RSC) process, which can result in the obtainment of the Indiana Gold Star Award.
- With the alignment of Gold Star to the Recognized ASCA Model Program (RAMP), recipients are eligible to apply for RAMP without having to meet additional requirements (other than the RAMP application fee).
- Many of the Gold Star schools in Indiana have also been recognized by the American School Counseling Association (ASCA) with its highest, national award of Recognized ASCA Model Programs (RAMP). Indiana has the most schools in the country who have received the RAMP award.
- What I have learned
- What I have learned
- Gold Star School Counseling (ISCA)
- 2017 Gold Star Recipients
- Redesigning School Counseling (American Student Achievement Institute ASAI)
- Indiana Gold Star School Counseling: A Gold Star Journey
- Recognition & Gold Star (IDOE)
- Indiana Gold Star and RAMP Schools
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on May 30, 2019 @ 21:35:46
- Kelly on July 25, 2018 @ 21:24:42
- Mary on July 12, 2018 @ 18:06:15
- Kelly on May 30, 2018 @ 18:22:07
- Kelly on September 11, 2017 @ 18:26:27
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 20:17:04
This post was created by EFGH ContentManager on August 7, 2016.