Proposed Indiana Graduation Pathways (Counselor Talk, November 7 2017):
The Graduation Pathways Panel has posted their final recommendations to be presented to the State Board of Education in early December. Note that the recommendation has changed to take effect with the class of 2023 (as opposed to 2022).
There is still much to be determined regarding the Graduation Pathways. Much of this is dependent on the outcome of the legislative session, as well as the guidance being developed by the State Board of Education. FAQs were developed by the State Board of Education and are available here. Additionally, there was a memo regarding the Locally Created Pathways presented to the State Board at yesterday’s meeting. This memo is available here. If you wish to hear what was presented to the State Board yesterday, it will be available soon on video here: https://www.in.gov/sboe/2427.htm. It was the very last thing on the agenda so you can skip all the way to the end once it’s posted. The discussion yesterday was for the Locally Created Pathway criteria to be presented to the State Board for a vote at the April meeting. Stay tuned. Amanda Culhan, School Counseling Specialist, Indiana Department of Education via Counselortalk, March 8, 2018
- Bullet 2
- Indiana Career Explorer provides a great structure to develop graduation plans, plans for high school and college
- Q: Does anyone have a form they have developed to track students’ requirements with the new graduation pathways? Also, has anyone figured out a way to track in PowerSchool? A: This represents my first effort but there is still a lot of work today. Enjoy. Poach whatever part you want. Graduation Audit Form
- There is much to still be determined, but keep in mind Graduation Pathways are different from our CTE Pathways (we’ve actually recommended re-titling to eliminate the confusion). Counselortalk, March 2018
- Grad Pathways – Draft Pathway Recommendations.v4
- Grad Pathways – Draft Pathway Recommendations.v3
- Grad Pathways – Draft Pathway Recommendations.v1
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Heather on March 14, 2018.
- March 14, 2018 @ 19:50:42
- March 14, 2018 @ 19:43:19
- November 9, 2017 @ 21:07:15
- November 6, 2017 @ 00:54:18
- November 6, 2017 @ 00:50:37
- November 6, 2017 @ 00:27:02
- October 19, 2017 @ 00:48:23
- October 2, 2017 @ 18:38:46
- August 7, 2016 @ 20:20:00
This post was created by EFGH ContentManager on August 7, 2016.