This site contains information about the Indiana Core 40 with Academic Honors Diploma and the Indiana Core 40 with Technical Honors Diploma.
- Bullet 1
- Bullet 2
- An updated form has been provided by the Commission (CHE) to obtain information for students who are working toward a Core 40 with Academic Honors or Technical Honors diploma. In order for students to be eligible for any financial aid incentive, schools must report those diplomas via ScholarTrack. You only need to collect this information for students who are not already on your school roster in ScholarTrack.
- Q: I have been told that a student cannot earn both an Academic Honors Diploma and a Technical Honors Dioploma.
- A: On the Graduate report (GR), you can report students to the state as being a recipient of both the AHD and THD. From what I’ve heard it can only be reported once on the CHIPS report (to the Indiana Commission for Higher Education). Public schools receive money ($1,000) for each student who earns an honors diploma (either AHD or THD). If a student earns both the AHD and THD, the school only receives the money one time. Starting with 2015 graduates, schools will receive additional money ($400) for any student who earns an AHD or THD and is receiving SNAP, TANF, or Foster Care Assistance (from Amanda Culhan 9/15)
- Q: How do I include both on our HS transcript?
- A: If you’re not able to include both on the transcript, you might ask your SIS vendor about this. If programming doesn’t allow for it, you might add the 2nd honors diploma notation elsewhere.. perhaps in the notes section (from Amanda Culhan 9/15)
- From Amanda Culhan, IDOE: The State Board approved the proposed SAT scores for the Academic Honors Diploma at [September 6, 2017] meeting! You can find more information here. In short, [here] are the scores that passed: Composite score of 1250 or higher with a minimum score of 560 on the math and a 590 on the evidence based reading and writing section.
- Q: How do schools interpret the current Honors diploma requirement of “Earning a grade of a “C” or better in courses that will count toward this diploma?
- A: It’s my understanding that is a local decision. We only count “C” or better, not “C-“
- Q: The “state” requirement is an “advance level” (4th year of math); if you do not require pre-calc/trig, what do you require?
- A: We added CCR math this year for non-stem seeking careers. During scheduling several thought they wanted PreCalc because their friends were taking it. Once they started in PreCalc they wish they would have take CCR. There is no textbook for the class but the state created the curriculum. My teacher is using Indiana Career Explorer in class to try and tie the importance of math to careers they may be interested in.
- A: We are offering CCR (College and Career Ready) math this year too.
- A: CCR Bridge Math Ready
- How much [does] the Accuplacer cost and who pays for it for the Tech Honors Diploma for your school? (From Counselor Talk, December 2017)
- Ivy Tech and Vincennes have accounts with College Board, which provides Accuplacer. Some teachers or designated people at a school give Accuplacer by a deadline (Sept. 1 for Vincennes; Nov. 1 for Ivy Tech) to see if students are qualified to earn certain dual credits. You might want to ask your nearest Ivy Tech campus if students could take Accuplacer there. Ivy Tech gtves Accuplacer constantly for determine placement in English and math classes.
- Don’t forget about AP or Dual credits. If students take 2-AP, 2-DC, 1-AP/1-DC that qualifies as well…just note that if a student does not get an industry cert–and they go the DC route they need 12 dual credits..
- Since we have to administer the Acculpacer anyway for students who do not meet the established PSAT scores, could you add on any of your tech honors kids to that testing? I’m not sure if there would be an additional charge or not.
- New SAT Score change for Indiana’s Academic Honors diploma from IDOE (Sept. 2017)-Rule 16-260 Final Rule
- CHIPS Verification form
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Heather on January 17, 2018.
- January 17, 2018 @ 19:51:48
- January 17, 2018 @ 18:34:25
- November 21, 2017 @ 21:54:41
- November 5, 2017 @ 18:20:18
- October 26, 2017 @ 17:38:01
- October 24, 2017 @ 21:39:46
- September 11, 2017 @ 18:48:53
- September 11, 2017 @ 18:45:26
- August 31, 2017 @ 16:07:49
- August 26, 2016 @ 21:09:02
- August 7, 2016 @ 20:21:38
This post was created by EFGH ContentManager on August 7, 2016.