Use this section to briefly describe or define this topic area.
- Bullet 1
- Bullet 2
- Adding ISTEP+ scores to a student’s transcript: all three scores go on the transcript. The most recent test scores are the ones that are included. (2017)
- Regarding whether or not the grade 10 ISTEP could be used in place of the ECA’s for current juniors: the short answer is yes, if you have a junior who didn’t pass the Alg I or Eng 10 ECA but did pass the grade 10 ISTEP last year in Math or ELA, that can be used to satisfy the graduation exam requirement. Also, a reminder for seniors who haven’t yet passed the ECA and may need to qualify for a waiver at the end of the year, the criteria for the Work Readiness Waiver has changed slightly (effective with the graduating class of 2017). Please refer to the resources below (from Amanda Culhan with IDOE, August 2017)
- Currently the waiver options for the ISTEP are the same as those for the ECAs. This may change when the graduation pathways are approved, which technically will begin with the class of 2022. (from Amanda Culhan with IDOE, October 2017)
- Q: Will juniors will be able to graduate mid-year next year if they haven’t passed the ISTEP since there isn’t suppose to be a retest in the Spring–will a student still qualify for the waiver and December graduation with the new retest setup?A: The earliest a student could graduate with a waiver would be following their 1st semester of the senior year. The reason being, one of the waiver criteria includes the student testing at least once each school year, including the senior year. (From Amanda Culhan, Counselor Talk, November 2017)
- ECA Waivers sample form-2016-17
- Graduation Exam Policy Changes for 2015-16 (SBOE-approved Resolution)
- Sample ISTEP Retest Notification Letter Template
- Timing of Practice Tests-Winter Window 2017 (from Counselor Talk, November 2017):
- We gave both parts of the ISTEP+ Math practice test yesterday and it took roughly an hour and fifteen minutes for the whole process which included tracking down a few students who didn’t show up.
- Practice Tests are not timed, but we will not be telling them that. We are looking at 1-1/2 hours for each subject.
I hope this help.
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Kelly Dunn on November 21, 2017.
- November 21, 2017 @ 21:45:02
- November 21, 2017 @ 21:20:23
- November 17, 2017 @ 19:32:37
- October 26, 2017 @ 17:34:49
- October 19, 2017 @ 19:10:28
- August 29, 2017 @ 17:21:04
- August 2, 2017 @ 18:54:24
- August 7, 2016 @ 23:42:38
This post was created by QRST ContentManager on August 7, 2016.