This page is currently under construction. If you have related content or resources to add, you may submit it via the “Contact Topic Manager” box below.
Red Ribbon Week is an awareness campaign to bring light to the dangers of drugs in America. It is anti-drug/drug awareness campaign. The National Family Partnership (NFP) organized the first Nationwide Red Ribbon Campaign. NFP provides drug awareness by sponsoring the annual National Red Ribbon Campaign™. Since its beginning in 1985, the Red Ribbon has touched the lives of millions of people around the world. The Red Ribbon Campaign came about in response to the murder of DEA Agent Enrique Camarena, when angered parents and youth in communities across the country began wearing Red Ribbons as a symbol of their commitment to raise awareness of the killing and destruction cause by drugs in America.
- Red Ribbon Week 2018 is October 23rd-31st.
- The 2018 National Red Ribbon Week theme: Life Is Your Journey, Travel Drug Free.™
- Q: Each year, in my elementary schools, we use stickers and such to promote being alcohol, tobacco and drug free. We would like to look at other ideas that can make our message stronger. (From Counselortalk, September 2018) New Ideas For Red Ribbon Week
- A: We have an essay contest for 2-3 and a poster contest for K and 1, the local LLC provides prizes.
A: I know I always consult the official RRW website: http://redribbon.org/blog/introducing_2018_red_ribbon_theme/ You can get the theme and they have some free resources and others for a small charge. They have some great ideas for school-wide activities. I always make my focus more broad-to healthy choices on general. We have daily announcements about healthy choices and dress up days. I am attaching a couple of things from last year.
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Kelly Dunn on September 24, 2018.
- September 24, 2018 @ 20:41:12
- September 18, 2018 @ 19:18:10
- September 18, 2018 @ 19:09:58
- September 18, 2018 @ 19:08:04
- September 10, 2018 @ 17:38:29
This post was created by QRST ContentManager on September 10, 2018.