A comprehensive school counseling program is an integral component of a school’s mission. Comprehensive school counseling programs are driven by student data, are a collaborative effort between school counselors, families, community-stakeholders and other educators, and create an environment resulting in a positive impact on student achievement. The American School Counselor Association’s (ASCA) National Model is the most widely recognized model for school counseling programs.
- Comprehensive school counseling programs support and promote student achievement and standardize the measurement of program effectiveness.
- Programs include a systematic and planned program delivery involving all students and enhance the learning process.
- To achieve maximum program effectiveness, ASCA recommends a student-to-school counselor ratio of 250:1.
- ASCA also recommends that school counselors spend 80% or more of their time in direct and indirect services to students.
- School Counselors and employee benefits – Counselor Talk Responses (November 2018)
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on December 3, 2018 @ 19:54:02
- Kelly on April 16, 2018 @ 20:45:43
- Kelly on April 16, 2018 @ 20:44:49
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 23:02:06
This post was created by QRST ContentManager on August 7, 2016.