This page is currently under construction. If you have related content or resources to add, you may submit it via the “Contact Topic Manager” box below.
- Bullet 1
- Bullet 2
- Q: Looking for a social media/internet safety presenter.
- Responses From Social Media/Internet Safety Speakers and Resources (Counselor Talk, March 2020)
- Q: Does anyone have video resource suggestions for the topic of “Dangers of Online Dating”?’
- A:Not a video resource, but an activity. I’m doing some classroom programming on social media and I had the students make a profile for a fake social media site and then they talked about if they would want to talk to each other online, based on what their profiles showed. It turned into a discussion on the importance of knowing who you are talking to (ex. what does their photo show, how can you know if it is real) and how you present to others online (what are you saying you’re interested in, for example. It was a really good discussion and the students had good insight on the limitations of knowing someone online vs in person. Since I met my now husband online, we also talked about the steps in getting to know someone virtually and how to stay safe when meeting in person. I used this template for the profiles, and the students seemed to have a lot of fun! www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/… Social Media Digital Student Profile
- The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has a powerful (and free) presentation that addresses internet safety and is developmentally designed for each grade level, k-12, parents, and school staff. www.missingkids.org/HOME
- Use this section to share links to other resources
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on March 5, 2021 @ 09:17:09
- Kelly on March 4, 2021 @ 08:07:20
- Kelly on March 3, 2021 @ 16:58:23
- Kelly on May 29, 2018 @ 20:34:21
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 23:10:31
This post was created by QRST ContentManager on August 7, 2016.