Guest speakers are often used in school wide convocations on specific topics or in support of large group school counseling curriculum presentations. This page includes speakers on a variety of topics recommended by school counselors.
- What makes a good speaker: while they need to be capable of entertaining an audience, engaging them and inspiring them to take action when they leave the room., the right speaker depends on the specific purpose for the event and what you want to achieve.
- A presenter for elementary grades K-4th who’s material aligns with what the state requires we teach [for bullying]: Matt Hart with React to Bullying is GREAT!! (Counselor Talk, September 2018)
- Nathan Harmon of Your Life Speaks spoke to our students. He touched on so many tough subjects-bullying, self-harm, suicide, drugs/alcohol-and for 90 minutes he held everyone’s attention. He spoke of his own journey, and the tragedy that resulted from his choices. His stark honesty brought some tears. His passion for this mission -saving our youth- is electric.
- We had Dawn Finbloom come talk to our Junior and Seniors on Friday, and she was awesome! Dawn lost her son at the age of 18 to alcohol poisoning. She uses her personal story to teach students about the dangers of drinking alcohol, how to notice signs of alcohol poisoning and how there is a law that grants immunity to underage drinkers if they are reporting a medical emergency (or a crime or sexual assault). Very powerful and it’s free! I would highly recommend her: https://www.indysb.org/make-
- Your Life Speaks with Nathan Harmon was a very powerful convocation for our students. They are still buzzing about it, and I had a ton of positive emails and texts from parents who had children come home wanting to tell them all about the message they received.
- Karen Gedig Burnett (a.k.a. Grandma Rose from Simon’s Hook). Contact Karen at pub@GrandmaRose.com for more information
From Jenny Scott, email@example.com: We do the Jason Foundation Suicide Prevention Speaker with all of our sophomores and then on the last day we have Christina Crist from Team of Mercy speak to the students. She was here today and there was silence in the room for an hour as she spoke. She totally captivates the students with her story.Mrs. Crist shares the story of her 15 year old daughter’s suicide and what it did to the family. She is willing to travel to speak for mileage or a very reasonable fee (depends upon distance). I highly recommend her.Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on May 21, 2019 @ 21:05:35
- Kelly on September 13, 2018 @ 13:59:46
- Kelly on August 21, 2018 @ 13:33:02
- Kelly on January 17, 2018 @ 20:03:42
- Kelly on October 19, 2017 @ 00:43:23
- Kelly on October 19, 2017 @ 00:42:29
- Kelly on October 3, 2017 @ 18:23:14
- Kelly on September 11, 2017 @ 17:57:38
- Kelly on September 11, 2017 @ 17:54:54
This post was created by QRST ContentManager on September 11, 2017.