Comprehensive school counseling and guidance programs are data-driven by student needs and provide outcome-based accountability measures. Surveys are tools often used to identify these needs. A needs assessment can be an example of one such survey. A needs assessment is a systematic set of procedures that are used to determine needs, examine their nature and causes, and set priorities for future action.
- Personnel evaluation describes the way school counselors are supervised and evaluated.
- Program evaluation reviews the status of a district’s program against established program standards to ascertain the degree to which the program is being implemented.
- Results evaluation focuses on the impact that the activities and services of a program are having on students, the school and the community.
- It’s important to take a baseline measure of a problem before implementing new efforts to address that problem. If this is not possible because an effort has been in place for some time without being evaluated, put the measurement instrument or mechanism in place as soon as possible and begin to plan ahead for the next data collection, which will provide a point of comparison
- Indiana College & Career Readiness Survey: includes the ability for schools to add additional sets of questions during the set up process to help schools understand their students’ 1) guidance needs, 2) counseling needs, and 3) perceptions of the school counselors’ knowledge, skills and dispositions.
- School Counseling Program Implementation Survey (SCPIS)
- School Counseling Needs Assessments Made Easy with Google
- Sample Guidance and Counseling Program Evaluation Surveys for Teacher, Student and Counselor (Missouri Comprehensive Guidance and Counseling)
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on April 16, 2018 @ 21:18:49
- Kelly on April 16, 2018 @ 21:15:57
- Kelly on April 16, 2018 @ 20:51:57
- Kelly on June 5, 2017 @ 17:41:02
- Kelly on February 17, 2017 @ 21:53:15
- Kelly on February 17, 2017 @ 21:50:29
This post was created by QRST ContentManager on February 17, 2017.