- This event has passed.
Keep Indiana Learning: School Counselor Institutes
September 12, 2023 @ 8:30 am - September 13, 2023 @ 3:30 pm UTC+0
This unique professional development opportunity will specifically target the needs of school counselors at the elementary level (September 12) and secondary level (September 13). Participants will receive an overview of a Multi-Tiered, Multi-Domain System of Supports (MTMDSS) framework to create an equitable, effective, efficient and sustainable data-driven comprehensive school counseling program that supports students’ academic, social/emotional, and college and career development. This dynamic and highly interactive event will allow school counselors (and administrators) to learn and share best practices, take away relevant and meaningful resources, and build a network of peers that can continue to support one another beyond the institute.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The elementary school counselor institute is designed for elementary school counselors and the secondary institute is designed for middle and high school counselors.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Tools to support counselors in serving students and families more proactively and efficiently through a multi-tiered system of supports
- Specific and engaging instruction on how to use data to drive your program, curriculum, and interventions
- A guide on how to build a robust school counseling Tier 1 curriculum that aligns with state and national standards
- Knowledge of how to create programs that provide greater consistency and equity in access across schools in what students receive from a school counseling program within Indiana
Participants will receive a copy of the book appropriate to their level:
- Hatching Results for Elementary School Counseling: Implementing Core Curriculum and Other Tier One Activities (K-5) or
- Hatching Results for Secondary School Counseling: Implementing Core Curriculum, Individual Student Planning, and Other Tier One Activities (6-12)