Below are lesson plans shared by Indiana School Counselors on a variety of topics.
- Learning Styles
- Goal Setting
- Career Lessons
- Indiana Social Emotional Learning Competencies PK-12 Lesson Plans
- Problem Solving
- Girl Drama
- We do a mandatory girls only guidance in 4th grade and usually end up doing something similar in 6th grade. For 4th grade I use a great Healthy Friendships curriculum by the Responsive Counselor from Teachers Pay Teachers. It’s cheap and focuses on identifying healthy and unhealthy behaviors – which means you are not focusing on all of the things the girls are doing to each other but rather teaching healthy friendship and problem-solving skills. I would definitely recommend more than 1 class period. We met for 8 sessions, 30 minutes a session.
- I am trained in Restorative Practices and have used different scripts for different problems. Most recently I worked with a group of 4th grade girls who had a lot of conflict. Our focus was on becoming peacemakers at school. We met for 30 minutes 6 different times. Restorative Practices allows for growth without being too therapeutic. Pre-interviews are important to determine readiness and willingness to change. Find resources here and the resource Teaching Restorative Practices in the Classroom 7 lesson Curriculum, schottfoundation.org/resources, https://www.
- I used the Owning Up Curriculum.
- Gossip and Rumors
- Social-Emotional Learning Curriculum
- Sanford Harmony (free online SEL curriculum for PK-6)
- For a list of commonly shared resources for Elementary School Counselors, click here or download the Elementary Resources Excel sheet (from Counselor Talk, May 2019)
- K-12 Social & Emotional Development Lesson Plans from the Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education
- K-12 Academic Development Lesson Plans from the Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education
- K-12 Career Development Lesson Plans from the Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education
- K-12 Guidance & Counseling Units: Academic, Career and Personal & Social Development from the Missouri Center for Career Education
- K-12 Guidance Counseling Curriculum from the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
- K-12 Free Guidance Lessons from Teachers Pay Teachers
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on March 18, 2020 @ 14:12:51
- Kelly on March 9, 2020 @ 12:14:59
- Kelly on March 3, 2020 @ 12:47:10
- Kelly on March 2, 2020 @ 16:34:08
- Kelly on September 27, 2019 @ 19:42:52
- Kelly on May 24, 2019 @ 16:07:45
- Mary on July 12, 2018 @ 19:41:37
- Mary on July 12, 2018 @ 19:38:55
- Mary on July 12, 2018 @ 19:23:26
- Mary on July 12, 2018 @ 17:47:44
- Mary on April 19, 2018 @ 17:16:52
- Mary on April 11, 2018 @ 20:37:51
- Kelly on April 10, 2018 @ 20:34:40
- Kelly on April 10, 2018 @ 20:31:37
- Kelly on April 10, 2018 @ 20:31:35 [Autosave]
- Kelly on April 10, 2018 @ 20:12:40
This post was created by IJKL ContentManager on April 10, 2018.