The Academic Honors diploma indicates the student has met all the requirements for a Core 40 diploma, plus some additional requirements.
- In order to earn the Academic Honors Diploma, students must:
- Complete all requirements for Core 40.
- Earn 2 additional Core 40 math credits.
- Earn 6-8 Core 40 world language credits (6 credits in one language or 4 credits each in two languages).
- Earn 2 Core 40 fine arts credits.
- Earn a grade of a “C” or better in courses that will count toward the diploma.
- Have a grade point average of a “B” or better.
- Complete one of the following:
- A. Earn 4 credits in 2 or more AP courses and take corresponding AP exams
- B. Earn 6 verifiable transcripted college credits in dual credit courses from the approved dual credit list.
- C. Earn two of the following:
- 1. A minimum of 3 verifiable transcripted college credits from the approved dual credit list
- 2. 2 credits in AP courses and corresponding AP exams
- 3. 2 credits in IB standard level courses and corresponding IB exams.
- D. Earn a composite score of 1250 or higher on the SAT and a minimum of 560 on math and 590 on the evidence based reading and writing section.
- E. Earn an ACT composite score of 26 or higher and complete written section
- F. Earn 4 credits in IB courses and take corresponding IB exams.
- Diploma Requirements
- Indiana Diploma with Core 40 and Honors Designation Requirements
- Indiana Diploma with Core 40 and Honors Designation Requirements – SPANISH
- Award letters that are given for the Academic Honors and Technical Honors graduates: Principals and Superintendents have access to the letters through their IDOE Online accounts. Counselors don’t have access. You will have to get your principal to log into the website and then you should be able to easily find them.
- Students wishing to earn either the Indiana diploma with academic and/or technical honors designation may use dual credit as one of several options to complete the requirements. Dual credit courses that may be used for a diploma with academic or technical honors designation are indicated on the State Approved High School Course Titles Summary, published on the IDOE’s Course Titles and Descriptions web page. Any course on that list marked with an ‘X’ in the Dual Credit column has been approved to count for dual credit reporting for A-F Accountability and for BOTH diplomas with academic and technical honors designations if the student is enrolled in a college courses and earns transcipted college credits. To meet the dual credit option for the Indiana Diploma with Technical Honors designation, “pathway dual credits from the approved dual credit list resulting in 6 transcripted college credits” would need to be in a state approved college and career pathway. From the Dual Credit FAQ
If you have suggestions, feedback, or resources, please email email@example.com and let us know.