The college admissions process is the process through which a student applies to a college and receives a judgment regarding admission based on that application. Typically, this process begins with the student looking into different colleges to establish where he or she would like to apply.
- The process of college admission counseling often involves aptitude testing and assessing personality traits and interests. Further screening entails reviewing applications, scoring entrance essays and evaluating letters of reference from teachers, mentors and other counselors.
- Other student concerns regularly addressed by a college admission counselor include housing options, socialization concerns and challenges, financial aid and work-study programs.
- As a high school college counselor, you work with high school students ensuring they take the right classes to meet college admissions requirements, helping them apply to colleges and setting up college campus visits.
- It may also include:
- Calling college admissions counselors to discuss admissions requirements
- Reviewing student records
- Meeting with students and parents
- Providing college information to students
- Discussing students’ career plans
- Motivating students whose grades need improving in order to meet college admissions requirements
- Q: I give out many for SAT, but I have never given one for just college application fee. How do I do this? I know if they get one for the SAT, then it automatically goes for college application. Do they only get one?
- A: I always use the NACAC waiver. I have not experienced any issues with schools accepting it.
- Virtual College Application Boot Camp resource complete with virtual admission rep panels, financial aid video clips produced by INvestEd, virtual college essay presentations, Class of 2020 student perspectives, and more. To maintain the integrity of the files, you are only able to view the files from this link. If you wish to download or manipulate any of the files, you’ll need to make a copy and save them in your own Google Drive (from Carmel High School)
- National Association for College Admission Counseling
- ASCA College Admissions Specialist training
- This is a great resource for students considering applying to schools overseas. You can download the guide and/or provide the link to students/families:https://www.nacacnet.org/news–publications/publications/international-admission/
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on June 15, 2020 @ 18:49:15
- Kelly on October 3, 2019 @ 20:31:13
- Kelly on September 24, 2018 @ 20:47:01
- Mary on May 1, 2018 @ 18:38:16
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 18:11:26
This post was created by ABCD ContentManager on August 7, 2016.