This page is currently under construction. If you have related content or resources to add, you may submit it via the “Contact Topic Manager” box below.
Advanced Placement (AP) courses and assessments are properties of The College Board.
- Bullet 1
- Bullet 2
- If you already weight your AP classes (GPA bump) and a student takes an AP class online because you do not offer the course in your building, do you grant the GPA bump for that online class? Responses to Weighting Online AP Courses
- Guidelines for State Payment of 2018 AP Exams
- AP Music Theory responses from Counselor Talk, February 2018
- Definition, history and links to the basics of AP Programs on the CollegeBoard website including how to start a program: https://professionals.collegeboard.com/k-12/assessment/ap
- Comprehensive breakdown of what the program is, the history, the different subjects and tests available, test scoring and data regarding the number of students testing- includes changes to the program over the years: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Placement
- Indiana Department of Education AP information; links and specifics to regarding what exams the State of Indiana pages for: http://www.doe.in.gov/ap
- Resource for Indiana counselors regarding AP exams, basic info about exams and how the credits are accepted in Indiana: http://www.transferin.net/Advisor-Counselors/AP.aspx
- Talking to your students about why to take an AP course; how many to take; who should take them, etc:
- Pros and Cons of taking an AP exam- article from College Foundation of West Virginia: https://www.cfwv.com/Home/Article.aspx?articleId=VTv0Iu2AvHXAP2FPAXqUmR2EHLZXgXAP3DPAXXAP3DPAX&level=3XAP2FPAX6J7I3kztATGuYyXAP2BPAXDahIQXAP3DPAXXAP3DP
- AP vs Dual Credit: Article from a St. Louis newspaper discussing the two options: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/ap-courses-vs-dual-credit-what-s-best-for-high/article_32de45f2-37e8-572c-a01a-aa7726797e62.html
- AP vs Dual Credit: Comparison of the two programs by a high school in Texas with a great chart toward the bottom: http://www.geochief.org/AGS_info/ags2.htm
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Heather on May 30, 2018.
- May 30, 2018 @ 19:12:36
- February 26, 2018 @ 18:10:09
- February 22, 2018 @ 21:33:42
- January 26, 2018 @ 21:37:46
- October 19, 2017 @ 01:59:27
- September 5, 2017 @ 19:18:40
- September 5, 2017 @ 19:17:49
- August 8, 2016 @ 00:17:35
- August 8, 2016 @ 00:17:01
- August 8, 2016 @ 00:16:21
- August 8, 2016 @ 00:15:32
- August 5, 2016 @ 02:59:33
- August 5, 2016 @ 02:59:33
This post was created by ABCD ContentManager on August 5, 2016.