Advanced Placement (AP) courses and assessments are properties of The College Board.
- All students who are willing and academically prepared to accept the challenge of a rigorous academic curriculum should be considered for admission to AP courses
- The College Board encourages the elimination of barriers that restrict access to AP courses for students from ethnic, racial and socioeconomic groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in the AP Program. Schools should make every effort to ensure that their AP classes reflect the diversity of their student population.
- Definition, history and links to the basics of AP Programs on the CollegeBoard website including how to start a program: https://professionals.collegeboard.com/k-12/assessment/ap
- Comprehensive breakdown of what the program is, the history, the different subjects and tests available, test scoring and data regarding the number of students testing- includes changes to the program over the years: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Placement
- Indiana Department of Education AP information; links and specifics to regarding what exams the State of Indiana pages for: http://www.doe.in.gov/ap
- Resource for Indiana counselors regarding AP exams, basic info about exams and how the credits are accepted in Indiana: http://www.transferin.net/Advisor-Counselors/AP.aspx
- Talking to your students about why to take an AP course; how many to take; who should take them, etc:
- Pros and Cons of taking an AP exam- article from College Foundation of West Virginia: https://www.cfwv.com/Home/Article.aspx?articleId=VTv0Iu2AvHXAP2FPAXqUmR2EHLZXgXAP3DPAXXAP3DPAX&level=3XAP2FPAX6J7I3kztATGuYyXAP2BPAXDahIQXAP3DPAXXAP3DP
- AP vs Dual Credit: Article from a St. Louis newspaper discussing the two options: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/ap-courses-vs-dual-credit-what-s-best-for-high/article_32de45f2-37e8-572c-a01a-aa7726797e62.html
- AP vs Dual Credit: Comparison of the two programs by a high school in Texas with a great chart toward the bottom: http://www.geochief.org/AGS_info/ags2.htm
- (Added 9/18/23):2023-2024 AP and Cambridge International Exam Funding Guidance
If you have suggestions, feedback, or resources, please email email@example.com and let us know.