This page is currently under construction. If you have related content or resources to add, you may submit it via the “Contact Topic Manager” box below.
The American School Counselor Association (ASCA) supports school counselors’ efforts to help students focus on academic, career and social/emotional development so they achieve success in school and are prepared to lead fulfilling lives as responsible members of society. ASCA provides professional development, publications and other resources, research and advocacy to school counselors around the globe. Learn more or join today!
- ASCA U Flash: Members of ASCA have access to short Professional Development Videos (4-8 mins)
- Registration is now open for the 2023 ASCA National Conference.
Apply to be a 2023 ASCA Conference Ambassador. Each year, an outstanding group of school counselors and school counseling students help ensure an exceptional ASCA Annual Conference experience for attendees, while also getting an insider’s view of the event. The ASCA Annual Conference Ambassador Program trains an enthusiastic group of volunteers to serve as room monitors, guides and helpers, bookstore attendants and much more. And, perhaps best of all, ASCA covers the cost of ambassadors’ registration and hotel. Do you have something special to offer conference attendees? Apply today for the ambassador program. (Be sure to have your resume and letter of recommendation ready for upload.) The deadline to apply is March 15.
If you’re chosen as an ambassador, you’ll be trained onsite immediately preceding the conference to ensure you’re ready to go. Your commitment includes:
- Arrive in Atlanta on Thursday, July 13; depart after 2 p.m. on Tuesday, July 18
- Attend training Thursday evening, July 13
- Available to work between the hours of:
- 8 a.m.–7:30 p.m. Friday, July 14
- 8 a.m.–5:30 p.m., Saturday, July 15 (optional evening hours for volunteers)
- 8 a.m.–5:30 p.m., Sunday, July 16
- 8 a.m.–5:30 p.m., Monday, July 17
- 8 a.m.-12 p.m., Tuesday, July 18
- Be willing to work in various positions, including registration assistant, session monitor, ASCA bookstore, directional guide and more
- Note: You must be available to work all days. We are not able to select participants on a part-time basis.
- What you receive:
- Complimentary conference registration
- Lunches on Friday – Monday
- Shared hotel room for five nights (checking in on Thursday, July 13; checking out on Tuesday, July 18). If you choose not to share a room with another ambassador, you can upgrade to a private room at a cost of approximately $130 per night, plus taxes
- You will have an opportunity to attend some sessions; however, there’s no guarantee that it will be any particular sessions.
To apply, complete this application and submit it along with your one-page professional resume and a letter of recommendation for this program from a supervisor, professor or professional colleague. This opportunity is available to all ASCA professional and student members. Application deadline is March 15. Notifications will be sent out in late-April. Questions? Contact Qisti Gitosuputro.
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Aimee on April 24, 2023 @ 09:03:58
- Aimee on April 24, 2023 @ 09:03:51 [Autosave]
- Aimee on February 21, 2023 @ 10:26:55
- Aimee on January 19, 2022 @ 16:19:42
- Aimee on January 19, 2022 @ 11:31:31
This post was created by ABCD ContentManager on January 19, 2022.