The “ASCA Mindsets & Behaviors for Student Success: K-12 College- and Career-Readiness Standards for Every Student” describe the knowledge, skills and attitudes students need to achieve academic success, college and career readiness and social/emotional development. The standards are based on a survey of research and best practices in student achievement from a wide array of educational standards and efforts.
- The 35 mindsets and behaviors describe knowledge, skills and attitudes for students to achieve success in college and career readiness.
- They are aligned with specific standards from Common Core.
- Can be used to access student growth and help counselors plan activities
- ASCA Mindsets & Behaviors for Student Success
- ASCA Mindsets & Behaviors Program Planning tool
- Counselor Up Blog: ASCA Mindsets & Behaviors
- We see mindsets and behaviors in the work that we do through competencies. Competencies are specific, measurable expectations that students attain as a result of a lesson or activity. These competencies, or learning objectives, often begin with “The student will be able to” or “The Student will understand.”
If you have suggestions, feedback, or resources, please email email@example.com and let us know.