The “ASCA Mindsets & Behaviors for Student Success: K-12 College- and Career-Readiness Standards for Every Student” describe the knowledge, skills and attitudes students need to achieve academic success, college and career readiness and social/emotional development. The standards are based on a survey of research and best practices in student achievement from a wide array of educational standards and efforts.
- The 35 mindsets and behaviors describe knowledge, skills and attitudes for students to achieve success in college and career readiness.
- They are aligned with specific standards from Common Core.
- Can be used to access student growth and help counselors plan activities
- We see mindsets and behaviors in the work that we do through competencies. Competencies are specific, measurable expectations that students attain as a result of a lesson or activity. These competencies, or learning objectives, often begin with “The student will be able to” or “The Student will understand.”
- ASCA Mindsets & Behaviors for Student Success
- ASCA Mindsets & Behaviors Program Planning tool
- Counselor Up Blog: ASCA Mindsets & Behaviors
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on April 17, 2018 @ 18:42:39
- Kelly on April 17, 2018 @ 14:04:49
- Kelly on April 17, 2018 @ 14:03:49 [Autosave]
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 23:16:01
This post was created by QRST ContentManager on August 7, 2016.