Attendance is one of the main predictors of success in school, for obvious reasons. While we can’t control all the factors related to whether children come to school on time, there are many effective interventions for improving school attendance.
- Most schools post their attendance policies on their website, so if you are looking for fresh ideas, this is a great place to start.
- While much of attendance policy is dictated by state law, there are elements (such as incentives) that can be tailored to your community to make school attendance part of the culture.
- Effective attendance policies must include a component of engaging parental cooperation.
- Before developing an intervention to improve attendance, it is important to identify the underlying causes of the problem for your specific population.
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Heather on January 5, 2017.
- January 5, 2017 @ 15:04:36
- January 3, 2017 @ 15:39:03
- August 5, 2016 @ 21:06:39
This post was created by ABCD ContentManager on August 5, 2016.