Bed bugs are well known as annoying biting pests, and they are increasing in importance, including in hotels and other lodging establishments in the U. S. You are encouraged to learn more about the biology of bed bugs and their association with homes, apartments, hotels, and lodging establishments so that you can make more informed decisions about health risks, how to protect yourself when traveling, and whether bed bug control is warranted in a residence or lodging establishment.
- Bed bugs are expert hiders and not everyone in your family may be allergic to the bites. If you suspect an infestation, your county board of health (in Hendricks County, the number is 745-9217) can come to your home and do an inspection. If bed bugs are found, they can provide information on how to rid your home of the bugs.
- The most effective treatment for eradicating bed bugs is heat. Professional chemical treatments are the next best option. Indeed, it is nearly impossible to effectively treat bed bugs without professional help. The treatment can cost upwards of $1000 or an average of $1 per square foot.
- We had an incident recently with bed bugs and our director of facilities had received training. He actually connected with the family and helped them with some cardboard type traps. They had to come to school and change clothes when they got here and then put their clothes back on when they went home. They did this and used the traps for 2 weeks and were cleared.
- We have a local agency called SCAN that assists with home cleanup. Is there anyplace that focuses on child welfare in your city that could help?
- Indiana State Department of Health: Bed Bugs-click here to visit their website
- Bed Bug Facts-Purdue Extension
- Bed Bug Fact Sheet
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Heather on September 6, 2017.
- September 6, 2017 @ 18:06:07
- December 20, 2016 @ 22:25:09
- December 20, 2016 @ 22:21:19
- December 20, 2016 @ 22:16:24
- December 20, 2016 @ 22:11:23
- October 4, 2016 @ 19:12:27
- October 4, 2016 @ 17:29:41
- August 5, 2016 @ 21:11:01
This post was created by ABCD ContentManager on August 5, 2016.