Career fairs/events are a great way to introduce our students to a variety of options they might not have previously considered. It can be the first step in empowering a student to visualize a positive future for themselves.
- Be sure to include careers from all the clusters and a variety of levels of required education.
- Be mindful of including people who have chosen non-traditional jobs related to gender.
- Prepare the students ahead of time by generating a list of questions they might ask the visitors (what is your favorite part of your job? Biggest challenge? How do you dress? What kind of training or education?).
- Hands-on activities go a long way in holding students’ attention and engaging them in the activity.
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Kelly Dunn on September 6, 2017.
- September 6, 2017 @ 18:46:27
- September 6, 2017 @ 18:27:33
- July 26, 2017 @ 18:08:56
- January 18, 2017 @ 18:19:56
- August 5, 2016 @ 23:39:30
This post was created by ABCD ContentManager on August 5, 2016.