Visiting a college is the best way to get a feel for the campus — from classes and dorms to the cafeteria menu. All colleges have admission offices that can help students plan a visit. High schools may organize group tours of nearby colleges.
- Campus visits can range from a quick hour to an overnight stay, from a casual guided tour to a formal presentation.
- For students to really get a feel for a college, they need to walk around the quad, sit in on a class and visit the dorms.
- College Campus Visit Guide – College Board
- eCampus Tours
- You Visit virtual college tours
- Virtual campus tours (click “Show Table” to reveal the full list)
- Q: Does anyone have links to virtual campus tours that would be easy to access?
- A: This link has links to virtual tours of Indiana colleges and universities. Just click “Show Table” to reveal the full list: https://learnmoreindiana.org/college/choosing-a-college/#choose-right-college
- Q: Are there any colleges that anyone knows of that is willing to provide transportation for a campus visit? (Illinois or Indiana) Our school does not have any funds to do so and I have heard of colleges that do this? (Counselor Talk, October 2018)
- I think Vincennes does
- I’m sure you’ve reached out to PNW [but I’m wondering since it is a Hammond school if they’d be more willing to transport]
If you have suggestions, feedback, or resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.