School counseling core curriculum consists of structured lessons designed to help students attain the desired competencies and to provide all students with the knowledge, attitudes and skills appropriate for their developmental level. The school counseling core curriculum is delivered throughout the school’s overall curriculum and is systematically presented by school counselors in collaboration with other professional educators in K-12 classroom and group activities. (American School Counselor Association)
- All students receive instruction from the school counseling program.
- The school-wide core counseling curriculum plan should be similar to a teacher’s curriculum scope and sequence.
- Social Skills group recommendations?
- This might serve as a source of topics and discussion starters:https://www.amazon.com/Social-Rules-Kids-Kids-Succeed/dp/1934575844/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1534430949&sr=8-1&keywords=social+rules+for+kids-the+top+100+social+rules+kids+need+to+succeed&dpID=515DKjN7M4L&preST=_SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch
- I have used Michelle Garcia Winner’s materials on social thinking as well as Superflex to help with groups such as these.
- Q: Recommendations for a first year Counselor in a K – 6 building looking for curriculum?
- A: I highly recommend Second Steps.
- A: Any books by Julia Cook are great for classroom lessons or individual work.
- A: Incredible Flexible You–K; Hunter And HIs Amazing Remote Control–2nd or 3rd grade; Zones of Regulation–3rd or 4th grade; Mindset Matters–any
- A: Leader in Me; Social Thinking
- A: At this link, you will find the best evidence-based curricula in one place, to help you select what works for you. https://casel.org/preschool-and-elementary-edition-casel-guide/
- A: I am having great success with MindUp and I also use a lot of lessons from Too Good for Violence.
- A: I have used Lion Quest this past year and the kids and I have really enjoyed it.
- I use skillstreaming. I really like it! It’s a lot of modeling and role play which I like because it’s keeps students engaged and moving!
- Required Instruction for Students (Indiana)
- ASCA alignment document for the Second Step curriculum
- GCY_ Proposal a small group curriculum for teaching emotional regulation to middle school boys
- Self Esteem Girls Group a small group curriculum for teaching self confidence to middle school girls
- Social skills group – Storm Chasers
- Positive Self-Talk Small group
- Free animated versions of Howard K. Wigglebottom books are available here: https://wedolisten.org/Books-and-Lessons
- Elementary Counselor Bibliography Bibliography
- Child Sexual Abuse Prevention: Programs for Children
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Kelly Dunn on September 7, 2018.
- September 7, 2018 @ 18:29:54
- August 30, 2018 @ 16:12:16
- August 29, 2018 @ 18:56:52
- August 19, 2018 @ 02:03:50
- August 8, 2018 @ 01:12:25
- August 6, 2018 @ 21:06:08
- July 26, 2018 @ 19:27:49
- July 26, 2018 @ 14:40:19
- April 20, 2018 @ 14:26:49
- April 19, 2018 @ 15:17:47
- April 19, 2018 @ 15:15:12
- April 19, 2018 @ 15:09:13
- April 19, 2018 @ 14:59:49
This post was created by ABCD ContentManager on April 19, 2018.