This page is currently under construction. If you have related content or resources to add, you may submit it via the “Contact Topic Manager” box below.
Eating disorders — such as anorexia, bulimia, and binge eating disorder – include extreme emotions, attitudes, and behaviors surrounding weight and food issues. Eating disorders are serious emotional and physical problems that can have life-threatening consequences for females and males (http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/general-information). Eating disorders affect people of every age, race, gender, and socio-economic status (http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/diversity).
- Types of Eating Disorders include: Anorexia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder, Bulimia Nervosa, Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified, as well as Additional Eating or Feeding Disorders (https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/types-symptoms-eating-disorders).
- Eating disorders are commonly thought to be tied to emotional issues and feelings toward the self and self-worth, rather than truly being about food, although the disorders generally manifest with preoccupations about food and weight.
- Eating Disorders can have serious physical health consequences which depend on the type of Eating Disorder.
- Eating Disorders can result in serious oral health consequences.
- The most effective and long-lasting treatment for an eating disorder is some form of psychotherapy or psychological counseling, coupled with careful attention to medical and nutritional needs (https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/treatment).
- What I have learned
- What I have learned
- National Eating Disorders Association: http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org
- Mayo Clinic Information on Eating Disorders: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/eating-disorders/basics/definition/con-20033575
- A Nurse’s Guide to Eating Disorders (Maryville University)
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Kelly Dunn on September 17, 2018.
- September 17, 2018 @ 12:49:58
- May 30, 2018 @ 18:46:23
- May 17, 2018 @ 18:40:05
- August 8, 2016 @ 00:27:43
- August 8, 2016 @ 00:25:41
- August 7, 2016 @ 19:34:20
This post was created by EFGH ContentManager on August 7, 2016.