Use this section to briefly describe or define this topic area.
- Bullet 1
- Bullet 2
- Options Charter School will accept students who have been expelled and they have a distance education program. (Counselor Talk, Sept. 2017)
- The Indiana National Guard’s Hoosier Youth ChalleNGe Academy is a federally and state funded “At Risk” youth academy. Participants must be 16-18 years old, volunteer to participate in the program, be a high school dropout/expellee, unemployed, drug free, and have no felony convictions or pending court cases. Indiana Hoosier Challenge Academy Fact Sheet
- What schools do with a student’s courses if they are expelled:
- We have the same policy for whenever we remove kids from a class regardless of reason.
- The first 10 days of a semester, nothing is recorded on the transcript.
- If a change is made after day 10, but before the end of the quarter a W is recorded on the transcript (i.e. English 10H W).
- If the change is made after the first quarter ends, then a Wgrade is recorded on the transcript (i.e. English 10H WD-, Algebra II WF, Personal Finance WB).
- We put in a WF.
- We just remove him/her from classes. If he/she completes the online courses we offer, credit is given on the transcript for the semester(s) expelled.
- We withdraw the classes with a W
- W/F because the expulsion causes the failure of the semester of courses–otherwise there isn’t much punishment.
- My old school would give a WF, depending on when they were expelled. If it was near the end of the semester, it was WF. Otherwise, there was no record on their transcript. We basically treated it as if they were going to another school and didn’t finish out the semester.
- WF if it’s after the drop/add period, which is 2 weeks.
- I haven’t had to do that thankfully, but I would probably do W/D
- Use this section to share links to other resources
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Heather on November 22, 2017.
- November 22, 2017 @ 20:17:48
- October 2, 2017 @ 19:09:13
- October 2, 2017 @ 19:08:48
- October 2, 2017 @ 19:03:41
- August 7, 2016 @ 19:54:32
This post was created by EFGH ContentManager on August 7, 2016.