This page is currently under construction. If you have related content or resources to add, you may submit it via the “Contact Topic Manager” box below.
Many schools host a Financial Aid Night to share information and resources with parents/guardians and students about the types of aid that are available to help pay for postsecondary education and training, as well as about the financial aid process. Financial Aid Nights may cover a variety of topics, including: an explanation of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), how to fill out the FAFSA, student eligibility, types of aid available, what is the Expected Family Contribution (EFC), calculating your EFC, financial literacy, responsible student borrowing and loan repayment, as well as deadlines for filing.
- Most high schools hold a Financial Aid Night for parents. It’s a good idea to invite students, as well.
- Middle school is also an appropriate time to host a Financial Aid Night, as students and parents begin to think about postsecondary pursuits. Students must apply for some scholarships prior to high school, such as 21st Century Scholars (apply by June 30th of the 8th grade year), so middle school is not too early to host a Financial Aid Night.
- Financial Aid Nights are typically held in the fall.
- College Go Week! is a great time to hold a Financial Aid Night.
- There are many resources to help you plan this type of event. Check with local financial institutions, your 21st Century Scholar rep, and local colleges and technical schools to see if they have representatives who can assist you and provide information and resources to parents and students.
- What I have learned
- What I have learned
- Make a Presentation: Financial Aid Toolkit
- Learn About Financial Aid
- Guide to Planning and Conducting a Financial Aid Night (NASFAA)
- Financial Aid Night Presentation
- INvested PPT: Funding Your Education Wisely
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Heather on June 20, 2018.
- June 20, 2018 @ 19:25:09
- June 20, 2018 @ 19:22:13
- June 20, 2018 @ 19:18:55
- June 20, 2018 @ 19:16:18
- June 20, 2018 @ 19:13:34
- June 20, 2018 @ 18:54:18
- May 30, 2018 @ 18:28:04
- August 7, 2016 @ 20:02:05
This post was created by EFGH ContentManager on August 7, 2016.