Fnancial literacy is the skill set necessary to be financially responsible adults, focusing on skills such as financing higher education, banking, savings, investing, etc. Financial Literacy is also a high school course.
- A specifically identified course with personal finance concepts is not a graduation requirement in Indiana. However, Indiana high school students must meet the financial literacy education standards prior to graduation. Indiana allows each school district to determine how it will provide that instruction (2017 National Report Card on State Efforts to Improve Financial Literacy in High School.)
- Financial literacy includes understanding how a checking account works, what using a credit card really means, and how to avoid debt.
- Financial literacy is the confluence of financial, credit and debt management and the knowledge that is necessary to make financially responsible decisions – decisions that are integral to our everyday lives.
- Having financial literacy is important for personal success and a stable future.
- Financial literacy is a life skill.
- Financial literacy means that you can understand basic financial concepts and are able to manage your personal finances.
- What I have learned
- What I have learned
- EVERFi- Financial Literacy demo video: This course equips students with the skill set necessary to be financially responsible adults, focusing on areas such as financing higher education, banking, savings, investing, etc. Total time – 6-8 hours
- Finance 101 is a section in the 6th-12th grade Indiana Career Explorer system https://indianacareerexplorer.com and consists of eleven chapters with full curriculum content, activities, resource links and more.
- Why Financial Literacy and Education is So Important (from Investopiedia)
- Why Financial Literacy is So Important (great resource for students, from Teen Vogue)
- 5 reasons why Financial Literacy is important for children
- Financial Literacy for Students
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Kelly Dunn on June 29, 2018.
- June 29, 2018 @ 17:22:18
- June 29, 2018 @ 17:14:54
- March 21, 2018 @ 20:42:55
- March 19, 2018 @ 18:19:43
This post was created by EFGH ContentManager on March 19, 2018.