511 IAC 6-7.1-4 Minimum required and elective credits (Authority: IC 20-19-2-8; IC 20-30-5; IC 20-30-10-2 Affected: IC 20-30-5-9)
(5) Subject to subdivisions (6) through (8), the health and wellness credit shall be from a course in the health education area of study that has comprehensive health education content.
(6) The health and wellness credit requirement may be waived for a student if the student’s program includes one (1) of the following:
(A) Three (3) credits from the following family and consumer sciences courses:
- (i) Child development and parenting.
- (ii) Human development and family wellness.
- (iii) Interpersonal relationships.
- (iv) Nutrition and wellness.
- (v) Preparing for college and or careers.
(B) Two (2) credits from the following health careers education courses offered through career technical programs:
- (i) Integrated health sciences I.
- (ii) Integrated health sciences II.
(7) One (1) credit substitution of either a science, family and consumer sciences, or health and physical education credit may be used to fulfill the health and wellness credit requirement for a student who qualifies under the religious objection provision of IC 20-30-5-9 (hygiene instruction).
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
If you have suggestions, feedback, or resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.