The Indiana Career Explorer (ICE) is a comprehensive, intuitive, and Internet-based system that helps students and adults plan for a career that fits with their interests, skills and work values. ICE offers free, lifetime access to all Indiana students. Core components of the system include: research-based career assessments, multiple ways to explore occupations, post-secondary training and education options, tools to create cover letters, resumes, a shareable e-Portfolio and numerous job search tools, including how to find job openings. Additionally, the system links to state resources like the Hoosier Hot 50, Indiana Career Connect, and others.
ICE is part of a multi-agency partnership between the Indiana Department of Education, the Commission for Higher Education/Learn More Indiana, Ivy Tech Community College, and the Department of Workforce Development.
- Bullet 1
- Bullet 2
- Mary Pouch is the Indiana Career Explorer Field Trainer
- Naviance vs. ICE (from Counselor Talk, February 2018)
- I like Naviance and the college/career exploration it provides. The career interest survey looks a little clunky but it does a good job of helping students see what they might be interested in. After they complete it, they can see what majors are related to the career that popped up for them. They can then see what colleges offer that particular major/program.
- Naviance integrates with the Common App for college, and it can be both helpful and frustrating. It is easy to send all documents, but sometimes it doesn’t work and it can be difficult to determine why it didn’t work. The career exploration does look like a website from the 90s and it isn’t all that interesting to look at. It does what it needs to do though.
- We use the career explorer section of Naviance often. We go through with freshman and revisit it sophomore year. When we meet individually with students, it is helpful to refer to and see if the students are actually interested in whatever the results of the survey were.
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Heather on March 1, 2018.
- March 1, 2018 @ 01:28:26
- July 27, 2017 @ 16:05:35
- July 27, 2017 @ 16:02:45
- August 7, 2016 @ 20:57:52
This post was created by IJKL ContentManager on August 7, 2016.