- (Added 9/7/2023 CELL’s Counselor Lunch & Learn Series): Indiana Pre-Admissions Discussion with the Indiana Commission of Higher Education.
- (August 1, 2023:): CHE launched a new planning tool for the Indiana College Core. The site, My College Core, allows students, families and school counselors to access information regarding college-level coursework, including dual credit, dual enrollment, Advanced Placement (AP) and College-Level Examination Program (CLEP). Students who utilize the tool can build plans that are specific to the college-level coursework offered at their high school. The tool also allows students to communicate their plans with parents/guardians and school counselors. As students complete coursework they can track their progress toward completing the Indiana College Core certificate.
- (CounselorTalk, May 2023): Indiana Pre-Admissions: Your Path to College:
- Graduation Details reporting for 21st Century Scholars and non-Scholars who are earning an Academic Honors Diploma will be due via ScholarTrack by June 15, 2023 for the high school class of 2023.
- Additionally, the Indiana Commission for Higher Education (CHE), in partnership with Indiana’s colleges and universities, is pleased to unveil the Indiana Pre-Admissions: Your Path to College initiative, a statewide pre-admissions initiative which kicks off with the high school class of 2024. This exciting opportunity will inform Hoosier high school seniors about their choices for education and training beyond high school in Indiana and share various resources to help make the costs of participation more manageable.
- Students will be pre-admitted to participating Indiana colleges and universities based on 6th semester GPA and/or SAT eligibility criteria as set by the individual institutions.
- SAT scores will be provided by the Indiana Department of Education to CHE.
- 6th semester GPAs will be provided by high schools via the Graduation Details portal in ScholarTrack. The deadline is June 15, 2023.
- For the inaugural year, high schools must opt in for their students to participate.
- High schools can confirm their participation by completing this Pre-Admissions Form no later than May 26, 2023.
- In August 2023, students who attend participating high schools will first be notified about the Indiana Pre-Admissions: Your Path to College Initiative via a mailing.
- In September 2023, ahead of College Application Week, students and their parent(s)/guardian(s) will receive letters listing the colleges and universities to which the students have been pre-admitted. The letters will also promote FAFSA completion and state financial aid opportunities.
- Students will then be directed to apply to the institutions through the Common App or through institutional websites and prepare for filing the FAFSA. This will be done via a dedicated page on the Learn More website that will go live with the release of pre-admissions letters in September.
- Comprehensive virtual trainings on Graduation Details and the Indiana Pre-Admissions: Your Path to College initiative can be found on the Learn More Indiana YouTube channel.
- Questions regarding Graduation Details can be directed to CHE’s regional Outreach Coordinators. View the Outreach Coordinator map to find your designated contact. Additional support is available through HighSchools@che.in.gov.
- Questions regarding Indiana Pre-Admissions: Your Path to College can be directed to PreAdmissions@che.in.gov.
- Participating institutions of higher education will not receive the actual GPAs or SAT scores for students from the high schools that opt in to pre-admissions. Rather, we will utilize ScholarTrack for student matching based on students having met the criteria for GPA and/or SAT that institutions have set. Further, a list of students who meet the criteria will be shared with institutions, but it will only be enough biographical information for institutions to match the students to their student information systems. The only way that institutions will have GPA and SAT information is if students take the next step to apply to the institution(s) and choose to share GPA and/or SAT via the application process or submitting transcripts.
- Additionally, School Users and School Admins in ScholarTrack from participating high schools will have access to a list of students that includes each student’s pre-admitted institutions.
- CHE Staffing/Contact Updates:
- Michelle Ashcraft: Associate Commissioner for K-12 Strategy
- Hilary Deardorff: Director of K-12 Outreach (supervises the regional Outreach Coordinators)
- McKalaih Mitchell: Director of K-12 Program Implementation.
- The designated points of contact for school partners are the regional Outreach Coordinators. Their contact information can be found on the Learn More Indiana website and via the Outreach Map.
- School-based support central email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Indiana Commission for Higher Education Education Value Movement work.
If you have suggestions, feedback, or resources, please email email@example.com and let us know.