The Indiana Department of Education provides a wealth of information and resources to educators across Indiana.
IDOE TEAM’S GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Student-Centered: To have the most positive impact on student learning, we will keep students top of mind and make every decision based on the needs of individual learners.
- Inclusive and Collaborative: We are committed to activating communities by engaging partners throughout the state.
- Champions of Educators: Our educators are critical partners in our students’ education journeys, and we will prioritize supporting them and elevating our profession.
- Data- and Results-Driven: We will rely on data and results to shape innovative solutions, guide decision-making, drive student learning, and measure the impact of public policy.
- Transparent and Trustworthy: We will make accurate data readily available to ensure public understanding.
- Future-Focused: Since our rapidly changing economy will require continuous education for a growing number of Hoosiers, we will encourage increased innovation within our education to workforce continuum to meet the needs of an uncertain future economy.
- (Added 1/19/24, IDOE Update): Employability Skills Playbook – IDOE, in partnership with America Succeeds and Learner Centered, recently released the Employability Skills Playbook for district and school leaders seeking to develop and measure students’ employability skills, specifically collaboration, communication, and work ethic. You can also view our on-demand webinar in the Indiana Learning Lab that introduces the new playbook, and shares tips on how to best use the tool. Please contact Michelle Clarke with any questions or feedback.
- (Added 1/12/24, IDOE Update): Additional Enhancements Coming Soon to Indiana GPS : IDOE is preparing to launch a new round of enhancements to Indiana GPS and also refresh the data to include 2023. These updates will include a map feature, allowing users to search for schools by zip code, address, or city, and to filter by performance indicator, as well as a “favorite” feature, allowing users to compare selected schools based on the performance indicators that matter most to them. As we have done previously, schools will have access to an embargoed pre-release in advance of the public launch. Superintendents and principals will receive a direct email next Friday, January 19, with additional instructions to access the embargoed pre-release. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
- (Added 12/15/23) Employability Skills Playbook: The Indiana Department of Education (IDOE) designed this playbook to support district and school leaders as they help students develop in-demand employability skills that prepare them to meet the ever-changing needs of today’s workforce.
- Indiana Course Access Network: The Indiana Course Access Network is a collection of projects with the goal of providing students with flexible coursework options and expanding course offerings. These projects include the Indiana Course Access Portal (iCAP) and Well-Rounded Course Access (WRCA) platforms. iCAP and WRCA offer supplementary online high school, dual enrollment, and advanced placement courses for students across the state. Visit IDOE’s Indiana Course Access Network webpage for more detailed information and current courses. Contact IDOE’s Office of Digital Learning with any questions.
- Indiana Graduates Prepared to Succeed (Indiana GPS)
- Crossing the Finish Line Information
Crossing the Finish Line Summary of Details
- Eligible students can receive free tuition and books at Ivy Tech or Vincennes University (fees are also covered!)!
- To qualify, students must be just a few credits away from earning the Indiana College Core or another high-value credential (associate degree, technical certificate, or another short- or longer-term credential).
- Over the past two years, nearly 5,200 high school students have participated, earning nearly 2,100 total credential completions and saving over $3.9 million in tuition, fees, and textbook costs.
- In 2022 alone, over 335 Indiana high schools participated!
- Classes begin in June, so thank you for continuing to work with Ivy Tech/Vincennes to help your students get started today!
If you have suggestions, feedback, or resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.