This page is currently under construction. If you have related content or resources to add, you may submit it via the “Contact Topic Manager” box below.
Since 2012, Indiana state financial aid is administered by the Commission for Higher Education (CHE). The Commission assists students in making college affordable through need-based financial aid awards and to allow choice by granting awards to those attending public, independent and proprietary colleges. State financial aid awards may be applied only to tuition and regularly assessed fees. Indiana ranks fifth in the nation in the need-based grant aid per undergraduate full-time equivalent enrollment.
- Award notices from prospective institutions contain information about a student’s eligibility for Indiana state financial aid awards.
- Eligibility for state financial aid is based on the data disclosed on the student’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), the approved tuition and regularly assessed fees at the college the student will be attending, the type of high school diploma the student earned and the number of credit hours the student has successfully completed.
- Indiana has two main types of grants for student aid: The Frank O’Bannon Grant, Indiana’s primary need-based financial aid program, and the 21st Century Scholarship, Indiana’s early promise program where students sign up in middle school.
- Other types of state aid are: the EARN program, Mitch Daniels Early Graduation Scholarship, Adult Student Grant, Workforce Ready Grant, Financial Aid for Military and Public Safety Officers and Financial Aid for Teachers.
- Students who receive state financial aid are required to meet certain Credit Completion Requirements to renew state financial aid awards in subsequent years.
- The Commission for Higher Education’s self-service tool ScholarTrack is for students who have or plan to apply for state financial aid.
- What I have learned
- What I have learned
- CHE: State Financial Aid
- CHE: State Financial Aid by Program
- Learn More Indiana: Financial Aid and Scholarships
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Mary on June 21, 2018 @ 17:22:10
- Mary on June 20, 2018 @ 20:38:59
- Kelly on May 30, 2018 @ 18:27:05
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 20:09:08
This post was created by EFGH ContentManager on August 7, 2016.