Educators in Indiana, including school counselors, record professional development (PD) activities and associated Professional Growth Plan (PGP) points in a Professional Growth Plan to qualify for license renewal. The PGP (Professional Growth Plan) is one (1) option for accomplishing the renewal of an educator license. Ninety (90) Professional Growth Plan (PGP) points are required for the normal license renewal of five-year and 10-year licenses. One (1) hour of participation in a PD activity equals one (1) Professional Growth Plan (PGP) point. You may also renew a license with coursework.
An Initial Practitioner license has a validity of two (2) years. You must renew this license if you do not have two (2) years of full time school counseling experience at an accredited school.
- License renewal with coursework: to renew five (5) or ten (10) year license, applicants may choose to complete six (6) hours of college coursework.
- When renewing with a Professional Growth Plan (PGP), there are two (2) separate components:
- Entering PGP points into LVIS (Licensing Verification and Information System) and submitting them for approval.
- Completing the application. This component cannot be completed until you have received an email indicating your PGP has been approved.
- You cannot apply for license renewal more than 45 days prior to the expiration date of your current license.
- Required paperwork includes a valid CPR card from an IDOE approved provider.
- There are 2 options to convert your license from the Initial Practitioner (2 year license) to the Practitioner license (5 year license): traditional IMAP participation or PGP (Professional Growth Plan).
If you have suggestions, feedback, or resources, please email email@example.com and let us know.