The function of a high school master schedule is to arrange the allotted time, staff, students and physical resources together so that optimum learning will take place.
- A high school master schedule is good if students are scheduled in classes they need to take and have the time to achieve the objectives for each grade or subject; if students can take the electives they choose; if an appropriately equipped classroom is available for each scheduled class or teacher; if there is no wasted time between classes and if supervision can be provided for field trips, assemblies and lunch time.
- High School Master Schedule Process [gdrts_stars_rating type=”counselor1stop.resources” id= 19122 ]
- Master Schedule 101
- How to Build the Master Schedule in 10 Easy Steps: A Guide for Secondary School Administrators, by Steven S. Kussin, Corwin Press
- The teacher assignment list forms the basis of the master schedule.
- Teachers’ contract may determine lunch length.
- Q: Our principal is looking at going to trimesters. I’m interested in hearing from those having trimester experience. What is the good, the bad, etc. What do teachers, parents, and students think?
- A: We just made the switch this year for Bedford North Lawrence High School. It was quite the task. It was a large undertaking and has it benefits. I built the mast schedule and I’ll say it’s the most complicated and hardest I’ve ever created. There are a lot of scheduling implications to be aware of before pulling the plug.
If you have suggestions, feedback, or resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.