The function of a high school master schedule is to arrange the allotted time, staff, students and physical resources together so that optimum learning will take place.
- A high school master schedule is good if students are scheduled in classes they need to take and have the time to achieve the objectives for each grade or subject; if students can take the electives they choose; if an appropriately equipped classroom is available for each scheduled class or teacher; if there is no wasted time between classes and if supervision can be provided for field trips, assemblies and lunch time.
- The teacher assignment list forms the basis of the master schedule.
- Teachers’ contract may determine lunch length.
- High School Master Schedule Process
- Master Schedule 101
- How to Build the Master Schedule in 10 Easy Steps: A Guide for Secondary School Administrators, by Steven S. Kussin, Corwin Press
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on April 16, 2018 @ 18:44:16
- Kelly on April 16, 2018 @ 18:43:33
- Kelly on April 16, 2018 @ 18:31:08
- Kelly on April 16, 2018 @ 18:30:18
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 22:53:18
This post was created by QRST ContentManager on August 7, 2016.