The function of a high school master schedule is to arrange the allotted time, staff, students and physical resources together so that optimum learning will take place.
- A high school master schedule is good if students are scheduled in classes they need to take and have the time to achieve the objectives for each grade or subject; if students can take the electives they choose; if an appropriately equipped classroom is available for each scheduled class or teacher; if there is no wasted time between classes and if supervision can be provided for field trips, assemblies and lunch time.
- The teacher assignment list forms the basis of the master schedule.
- Teachers’ contract may determine lunch length.
- High School Master Schedule Process
- Master Schedule 101
- How to Build the Master Schedule in 10 Easy Steps: A Guide for Secondary School Administrators, by Steven S. Kussin, Corwin Press
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Kelly Dunn on April 16, 2018.
- April 16, 2018 @ 18:44:16
- April 16, 2018 @ 18:43:33
- April 16, 2018 @ 18:31:08
- April 16, 2018 @ 18:30:18
- August 7, 2016 @ 22:53:18
This post was created by QRST ContentManager on August 7, 2016.