This page is currently under construction. If you have related content or resources to add, you may submit it via the “Contact Topic Manager” box below.
- Up to one in five kids living in the U.S. shows signs or symptoms of a mental health disorder in a given year.
- Most children — nearly 80 percent — who need mental health services won’t get them.
- With large caseloads, school counselors are usually not able to provide enough resources to all students who suffer from a mental illness.
- Experts say that a comprehensive approach, families and school professionals working together, is the best approach to identifying and dealing with mental health issues in schools.
- Whether treated or not, children with mental health issues go to school.
- The problems that students with mental health issues face can tie into major problems found in schools: chronic absence, low achievement, disruptive behavior and dropping out.
- Indiana has been selected as 1 of 9 states to be a part of the National Coalition for the State Advancement of School Mental Health, through Center for School Mental Health (CSMH). CSMH will provide technical assistance to Indiana schools with use of the SHAPE System, a school performance and mental health assessment system. A benefit of this assessment system is that it will help to expand the capacity for schools and districts to meet the social, emotional, and mental health needs of their students and staff. For more information, please contact Jeff Wittman or Kristan Sievers-Coffer.
- What I have learned
- Mental Health Awareness videos:
- Mental Health in Schools
- Alltreatment.com is a community-based public-benefit website connecting people to the addiction resources they need.
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Kelly Dunn on October 23, 2018.
- October 23, 2018 @ 20:26:46
- August 14, 2018 @ 19:51:34
- August 14, 2018 @ 19:47:20
- August 14, 2018 @ 19:19:11
- August 14, 2018 @ 19:13:14
- May 29, 2018 @ 21:11:52
- October 4, 2017 @ 16:05:47
- November 17, 2016 @ 20:02:45
- November 17, 2016 @ 19:58:28
- November 17, 2016 @ 19:51:12
- August 7, 2016 @ 21:23:19
This post was created by MNOP ContentManager on August 7, 2016.