Use this section to briefly describe or define this topic area.
- Bullet 1
- Bullet 2
- From Counselor Talk, January 2018: We are hoping to combat the ever increasing apathy our students have about doing well in school, making good grades, and completing homework. Please send me any school wide initiatives or programs that you have used (both successful and unsuccessful ones). We are considering targeting our freshmen and using the freshmen focus curriculum.
- I have found a few programs on my own that I have just started to research. Zero Zone, Zero Cafe, Why Try, and Freshmen Focus
- We have received grant money for an incentive and are doing it school wide. We will be taking our students tubing in two weeks. Our requirements: 1. Attendance–could not have more than 6 unexcused absences. 2. Grading–No F’s at the semester. 3. Discipline-no more than 2 issues. We are expecting approximately 45% of our school going. Students are required to attend school and we will be doing digital assignments as every student has a chromebook.
- It would be a HUGE shift in scheduling/planning for you guys but we had a “Freshman Academy” at my old school. We had “core teachers” teachers that only taught freshmen in one hallway in the building. These teachers did special units with the freshmen about note taking, study skills/habits, peer relations/pressure, good choices, etc. They would target specific behaviors/concerns to motivate students. After 3 years, all 4 grade levels will have been through the program and you may see some improvements. Of course like any other program there are pro’s and con’s but it was successful
- Use this section to share links to other resources
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Heather on January 26, 2018.
- January 26, 2018 @ 20:27:32
- August 7, 2016 @ 21:42:16
This post was created by MNOP ContentManager on August 7, 2016.