To be successful in college, students need to be prepared for college coursework. In Division I and Division II, the NCAA sets academic initial-eligibility standards that take into account GPA, standardized test scores, core courses taken in high school and the grades earned in those core courses. Division III schools hold student-athletes to the same overall standards for the institution in which they’re enrolling.
All student-athletes also must meet the unique acceptance requirements of the college or university they plan to attend (which may exceed NCAA standards).
- NCAA Eligibility Center: http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/CBSA15.pdf
- About NCAA http://www.ncaa.org/about
- Want to play College Sports? http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future
- NCAA Recruiting Fact Sheet http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Recruiting%20Fact%20Sheet%20WEB.pdf
- Neither the CCR Math nor the CCR English are NCAA approved courses.
If you have suggestions, feedback, or resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.