Needs assessments inform school counselors on how to build a comprehensive school counseling program: what topics students need to learn in classroom lessons, which counseling support small groups students most need, etc. The American School Counseling Association (ASCA) recommends using needs assessments to collect data before implementing services so that you are supporting kids and families with what they actually need help with (ASCA National Model, 2012). (from
- Needs assessments help drive the entire school counseling program for a particular school year through insight into what the top concerns/obstacles are for the student population.
- Disaggregating the data from the needs assessments can help determine gaps that exist and disparities between various student groups and their peers.
- Needs Assessments in School Counseling (School Counselor Stephanie blog)
- School Counseling Needs Assessment (Counselor Keri blog)
- Panorama website (www.panoramaed.com/)
- Turnaround for Children website (turnaroundusa.org/)
- Universal Screener Toolkit (Indiana Department of Education)
- West Virginia Student Needs Assessment
- Ultimate Guide to School Counseling Needs Assessments
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on March 24, 2021 @ 08:30:06
- Kelly on March 24, 2021 @ 08:29:06
- Kelly on June 7, 2018 @ 12:58:20
This post was created by MNOP ContentManager on June 7, 2018.