The Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship provides 200 high-achieving high school and college students interested in pursuing a career in education the opportunity to earn a renewable scholarship of up to $7,500 each year for four academic years.
- In 2016 the General Assembly created the
. This initiative encourages high-achieving students to pursue a career in education. The Indiana Commission for Higher Education provides 200 new scholarships of $7,500 each year (renewable up to four years) in exchange for agreeing to teach in Indiana for five consecutive years at an . Students interested in applying must:
- be in the top 20% of their class, or have a top 20% ACT/SAT score to qualify
- submit a at time of application (from current teacher, counselor or administrator)
- submit a clean and complete
- Students must apply through ScholarTrack, so they will need to create a full student account before they can access the application.
- From Courtney Hott, CHE, August 2020: This year we will have a different timeline on the Next Generation Hoosier Educator Scholarship. Due to the COVID 19 pandemic we will not be holding interviews. With that, we will be moving the application date to open on October 1, 2020 and the application will close January 31, 2021. Students will be notified of their standing by March 19, 2021. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out.
- Flyer (from IDOE)
- More information is available on the Commission website. Applications are due November 30.
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on August 13, 2020 @ 13:27:22
- Kelly on October 7, 2019 @ 14:44:23
- Kelly on November 21, 2017 @ 21:50:51
- Kelly on November 21, 2017 @ 21:48:35
This post was created by QRST ContentManager on November 21, 2017.