The Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship provides 200 high-achieving high school and college students interested in pursuing a career in education the opportunity to earn a renewable scholarship of up to $7,500 each year for four academic years.
- In 2016 the General Assembly created the
. This initiative encourages high-achieving students to pursue a career in education. The Indiana Commission for Higher Education provides 200 new scholarships of $7,500 each year (renewable up to four years) in exchange for agreeing to teach in Indiana for five consecutive years at an . Students interested in applying must:
- be in the top 20% of their class, or have a top 20% ACT/SAT score to qualify
- submit a at time of application (from current teacher, counselor or administrator)
- submit a clean and complete
- Students must apply through ScholarTrack, so they will need to create a full student account before they can access the application.
- More information is available on the Commission website. Applications are due November 30.
- 2021: Students may apply at www.ScholarTrack.IN.gov and applications are due by 11:59pm EST on January 31, 2021. Please contact NextTeacher@che.IN.gov with any questions. There have been a few updates to the application process this year. We will no longer be requiring a nomination form or proceeding with interviews. For further information on the scholarship visit https://www.in.gov/che/4680.
- From Courtney Hott, CHE, August 2020: This year we will have a different timeline on the Next Generation Hoosier Educator Scholarship. Due to the COVID 19 pandemic we will not be holding interviews. With that, we will be moving the application date to open on October 1, 2020 and the application will close January 31, 2021. Students will be notified of their standing by March 19, 2021. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out.
- Flyer (from IDOE)
If you have suggestions, feedback, or resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.