The Preliminary SAT, also known as the PSAT/NMSQT® (National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test), is a preparatory version of the SAT exam.
- Students can only take the PSAT once per year, and most students take the test in both 10th and 11th grade.
- If a student earns a high score on the PSAT his/her junior year, he/she could qualify to receive a National Merit Scholarship.
- Testing skills in reading, writing, and math, the PSAT is 2 hours and 45 minutes long. Unlike the SAT, the highest score possible on the PSAT is 1520.
- NEW – State Board of Education Policy Guidance regarding the PSAT replacing the Accuplacer requirement, July 11, 2018
- PSAT Day Schedule Information and Additional Responses (responses from Counselor Talk, August & November 2017)
- If you’re running the PSAT, I’ve found it easier to unwrap the answer sheets and separate those two things out…if you just give rooms a wrapped pack of answer sheets, a lot of them will not see those and text you frantically asking where they are. They’re easily unnoticed.
- PSAT Testers from online schools (from Christina Riley, the College & Career Counselor at Connections Academy, Counselor Talk, Sept. 2017):
We do not send out letters to students telling them to [contact local schools to take the PSAT]. I just simply sent an email to students letting them know that we cannot offer the PSAT (per College Board) and if they want to take the exam, they will need to contact a local high school. Yes, the state will pay for our students if they take it at [a local public] school. We are an accredited, public school… It is up to your district if you want to allow INCA students to take the PSAT/AP with you…
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Kelly Dunn on July 11, 2018.
- July 11, 2018 @ 21:23:42
- January 2, 2018 @ 20:54:59
- November 17, 2017 @ 18:57:12
- October 19, 2017 @ 01:29:18
- September 11, 2017 @ 18:20:04
- August 30, 2017 @ 18:12:40
- August 30, 2017 @ 18:10:18
This post was created by MNOP ContentManager on August 30, 2017.