Relationships may be romantic in nature or simply between friends or family members. Different people define relationships in different ways. But in order for a relationship to be healthy, it needs a few key ingredients, including open, honest and safe communication and setting healthy boundaries.
- Healthy relationships thrive on respect, kindness, and trust. Unhealthy ones revolve around an imbalance of power that’s maintained through the use of controlling behaviors, emotional abuse, or physical aggression.
- Roughly 1 in 10 high school students report being physically hurt by a date.
- Codependents Anonymous — For: All Ages | Website | A fellowship of men and women whose common purpose is to develop healthy relationships. Requirement for membership: A desire for healthy and loving relationships.
- GirlsHealth — For: Teens | Females | Website | Informative | Offers girls reliable, useful information on health and well-being.
- Love Is Respect— For: Adults & Teens | Website | Informative | Helps educate young people to prevent and end abusive relationships by offering support and information.
- Stay Teen — For: Teens | Website | Purpose: Information | Mobile Ready … To prevent teen and unplanned pregnancy
- Daily Strength — For: Adults & Teens | Forum | Support | Support groups with a wide range of topics to offer support and connect with others in the community with similar struggles
- Inspire –For: Adults & Teens | Support Group | Forum | Free and anonymous online support groups that help connect people who are going through similar struggles.
- The Buddy Project –For: Kids & Teens | Website | Purpose : Support | Aims to prevent suicide and provide self harm alternatives by pairing people through Twitter and Instagram as buddies and raising awareness.
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
This post was last modified by Heather on April 12, 2018.
- April 12, 2018 @ 18:59:51
- March 1, 2017 @ 18:26:01
- August 7, 2016 @ 22:47:06
This post was created by QRST ContentManager on August 7, 2016.