Relationships may be romantic in nature or simply between friends or family members. Different people define relationships in different ways. But in order for a relationship to be healthy, it needs a few key ingredients, including open, honest and safe communication and setting healthy boundaries.
- Healthy relationships thrive on respect, kindness, and trust. Unhealthy ones revolve around an imbalance of power that’s maintained through the use of controlling behaviors, emotional abuse, or physical aggression.
- Roughly 1 in 10 high school students report being physically hurt by a date.
- Codependents Anonymous — For: All Ages | Website | A fellowship of men and women whose common purpose is to develop healthy relationships. Requirement for membership: A desire for healthy and loving relationships.
- GirlsHealth — For: Teens | Females | Website | Informative | Offers girls reliable, useful information on health and well-being.
- Love Is Respect— For: Adults & Teens | Website | Informative | Helps educate young people to prevent and end abusive relationships by offering support and information.
- Stay Teen — For: Teens | Website | Purpose: Information | Mobile Ready … To prevent teen and unplanned pregnancy
- Daily Strength — For: Adults & Teens | Forum | Support | Support groups with a wide range of topics to offer support and connect with others in the community with similar struggles
- Inspire –For: Adults & Teens | Support Group | Forum | Free and anonymous online support groups that help connect people who are going through similar struggles.
- The Buddy Project –For: Kids & Teens | Website | Purpose : Support | Aims to prevent suicide and provide self harm alternatives by pairing people through Twitter and Instagram as buddies and raising awareness.
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on April 12, 2018 @ 18:59:51
- 1StopQRST on March 1, 2017 @ 18:26:01
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 22:47:06
This post was created by QRST ContentManager on August 7, 2016.