School counseling program resources can be found through professional organizations, such as the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) and state-level counselor professional associations, as well as state departments of education. There are also many blogs dedicated to school counseling that provide helpful resources and information for counselors, related to developing and implementing a comprehensive counseling program.
- School counseling programs should be an integral part of students’ daily educational environment, and school counselors should be partners in student achievement.
- The ASCA National Model is a framework for a comprehensive, data-driven school counseling program
- (Added 12/12/23): Hatching Results Newsletter
- Tools used for scheduling student appointments
- We implemented a new system this school year using Google Forms. We created a link on our webpage to the form for students, parents, etc. to fill out and that populates a spreadsheet that we reference. It’s been great and bonus points for the data it generates too! (Bradley Ogborn, Vigo schools)
- I copied this format a few years ago using an old iPad and Google Forms. It works great! The student must come to the Guidance Office to sign up, which I personally prefer.
- National educational and health awareness calendar
- Sample student services yearly calendar and high school counseling program calendar
- Sample school profiles: St. Joseph High School, North Wood High School, Tipton High School
If you have suggestions, feedback, or resources, please email email@example.com and let us know.