The most widely recognized standards for school counseling programs come from the American School Counseling Association (ASCA). Developed by ASCA, the National Model for School Counseling Programs provides a mechanism with which school counselors and school counseling teams can design, coordinate, implement, manage and evaluate their programs for students’ success. It provides a framework for a comprehensive, data-driven school counseling program. At the local level, most states have developed their own standards for school counseling programs.
- School counseling program standards center around the three domains of student academic development, social-emotional development, and college and career readiness.
- To help answer the question “How are students different as a result of what school counselors do?” the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) created the ASCA National Model,
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on April 25, 2018 @ 15:53:39
- Kelly on April 16, 2018 @ 20:22:50
- Kelly on April 16, 2018 @ 20:08:19
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 23:14:51
This post was created by QRST ContentManager on August 7, 2016.