This page is currently under construction. If you have related content or resources to add, you may submit it via the “Contact Topic Manager” box below.
- Bullet 1
- Bullet 2
- Accommodations for PSAT/SAT
- Question: Any high school counselors know who is responsible for making sure an IEP student receives their accommodations on the SAT and/or ACT? (Counselor Talk, January 2019)
- Because our school is small, the counselors apply for the accommodations through SAT/ACT. The special ed dept works with us to tell us which students plan to take the tests.
- I am a small school and do apply for accommodations.
- I am at a huge school (Carmel High School) and we are responsible for submitting all the accommodations requests. We have really tried to streamline it by having the paperwork signed during the freshman case conferences so that the students will be approved for accommodations when they take the PSAT sophomore year. I’m attaching the packet that parents have to fill out to request accommodations. This has really helped us in this process.
- At the high school level the special education department should be responsible for this. In my opinion school counselors shouldn’t be responsible for requesting accommodations and proctoring these exams.
- What I have learned
CONTACT TOPIC MANAGER
This is a ‘do it ourselves’ web site. So if you would like to help, or have information or resources to share, please contact us today.
- Kelly on January 16, 2019 @ 16:20:37
- Kelly on May 29, 2018 @ 20:33:52
- Kelly on September 27, 2017 @ 13:58:21
- Heather on August 7, 2016 @ 23:11:18
This post was created by MNOP ContentManager on August 7, 2016.